Re: Re2: Menus during booting

Torsten Fischer wrote:
> We had the same problem. In the Readme to netboot is a remark that some
> bootpd's are not able to send such a big answer. The solution is to
> create a bootextension-file. For this, you to to change your entry for
> the terminal to something like this:
>
> utipw:tc=.imagemenu:\
>    :vm=auto:ht=ethernet:\
>    :ha=0000C01557A1:\
>    :ef=\tftpboot\bootExtension:
>
> After that, you have to call the program bootpef, which creates the
> bootextension-file. Now you should be able to see a menu on your client.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Regards,
>         Torsten
>
> By the way, which OS do you use for the server. Is a a NT ? For a linux,
> the slashes look to the wrong side ;-).
It's linux, but I probably was influenced by the backslashes at the end.

Indeed bootpef was the answer. It only took a few `miniutes' before I
understood that bootpef made the extension file in stead of me. I can
now see the menu and after some initial unreproducible problems it even
works.

Thanks, also to others who reacted.

Ton

--
Name: Ton Biegstraaten              Tel : +31152782467
Org.: TU Delft, Faculty TWI         Fax : +31152787141