Re2: Menus during booting

Hello again,

after my last mail gets a little bit shortenend, I try to repost it. I
hope this time the full message gets through ;-)

Ton Biegstraaten wrote:
> .imagemenu:\
>   :T128=E44574680001:\
>   :T184="Dit wordt een expiriment":\
>   :T185="This is an expiriment":\
>   :T160="timeout=30:default=207:":\
>   :T192="Linux:::\tftpboot\onnoboot.img::0i1p":\
>   :T193="MsDos:::\tftpboot\msboot.img::0i":\
>   :T193="Linus_slw:::\tftpboot\lnxboot.img::0i":\
>   :T207="Local Disk:::/dev/hda0":
> dutipw:tc=.imagemenu:\
>   :vm=auto:ht=ethernet:\
>   :ha=0000C01557A1:
>
> According to the manual the bf-field is overrules by the menu, but I
> don't see a menu, I only see the first line(T184) and messages about not
> being able to load /kernel. Inserting a bf, just boots that file.

We had the same problem. In the Readme to netboot is a remark that some
bootpd's are not able to send such a big answer. The solution is to
create a bootextension-file. For this, you to to change your entry for
the terminal to something like this:

utipw:tc=.imagemenu:\
   :vm=auto:ht=ethernet:\
   :ha=0000C01557A1:\
   :ef=\tftpboot\bootExtension:

After that, you have to call the program bootpef, which creates the
bootextension-file. Now you should be able to see a menu on your client.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
        Torsten

By the way, which OS do you use for the server. Is a a NT ? For a linux,
the slashes look to the wrong side ;-).