Re: Cross-compile problem (continued)

Hello,

Ross Golder <rossg@cpd.co.uk> wrote:
> In file included from main.c:22:
> ../common.h:190: warning: redefinition of `__u8'
> /usr/include/asm/types.h:12: warning: `__u8' previously declared here

This is obviously a problem. I'm personally using glibc-2.0 which doesn't
give any errors here, but it looks like different versions of the C library
include the kernel files differently. When you run configure, it should
give you lines telling:

checking for definition of __uxx in types.h
checking for definition of u_intxx_t in types.h

Could you please let me know what the answers are to both checks (i.e.
yes or no). Because you got the errors, I guess that you got a 'no' on
both checks. If at all possible, I would greatly appreciate if you could
then tell me, what main include file is necessary on your system in order
to get /usr/include/asm/types.h included, and what preprocessor defines
are necessary to get the __u8 etc. typedefs included. For example, on
SCO ODT these definitions are in the file sys/bitypes.h, and on my
system (with glibc-2.0) they don't exist at all, but are rather named
u_intxx_t and defined in sys/types.h. This seems to vary widely.

> main.c: In function `checkaccess':
> main.c:171: `R_OK' undeclared (first use this function)

Hm, I have R_OK in unistd.h and fcntl.h, which should get included both.
Where does the define live on your system?

> main.c: In function `main':
> main.c:248: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
> cast

This is the call to getenv, which should be defined in stdlib.h as
returning a char pointer. It looks like your C compiler couldn't find
that definition (even though it should get included when your compiler
defines __STDC__). Check your config.h file if contains a line saying

#define STDC_HEADERS 1

I suppose that you have some sort of a problem with all your header
files, or configure has screwed up on your system for some reason.
Could you please send my a copy of the configure output.

gero.

--
The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded
as a criminal offense.				- E. W. Dijkstra (1982)