2 problems, one solved

Hi,

Last week I was looking for info on booting PC's etc with bootp/tftp.
The OS should be msdos or linux and if that worked some bootable Real
Time OS image (Chorus).
We have  SMC Ultra and 3c509B cards. I made a bootflop for both but only
the flop for the 3c card worked. The SMC boot gave perfect bootp record
but didn't see the resulting answer. So this card isn't compatible with
the WD/SMC driver for 80x3 cards.
After using the packetdriver supplied with this card and fiddling with
the configuration file, also this bootprocedure worked, so one problem
found ans solved.

I burned the eproms and indeed the SMC booteprom worked fine. Only the
3c509B didn't. The PC just refused to see the eprom. We had an old PROM
for this card (won't boot tftp) and that one was seen by the PC.
When I inserted the 3C509B prom in the SMC card, it also booted but (of
course) couldn't find the card.
My conclusion the card somehow prohibits the inserted prom to be seen,
maybe because it isn't an `official' prom.
My question: Am I omitting someting?
I scanned the stored mail and I found someone who is using this card.
So any help is very much appreciated.

greetings,
Ton

--
Name: Ton Biegstraaten              Tel : +31152782467
Org.: TU Delft, Faculty TWI         Fax : +31152787141