Re: Problems with etherboot and Boot prompt.

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Andrew Coulthurst wrote:

> Has anyone had a problem with etherboot-4.0 and the boot from network
> prompt ??
>
> On my machine the machine hangs if I select N. ( that is , continue with
> normal boot from floppy/harddisk ).

Yes, I have this problem now. DOS boots fine if I select N (normal boot
from HD). Win95 hangs however. I have no idea what is different about the
way that Win95 boots, but there is a difference. Does anyone have any
ideas?

I am using the 32bit compile of etherboot-4.0, BTW.

Charlie Brady - Telstra  |internet: cbrady@ind.tansu.com.au
Network Products         |Snail    : Locked Bag 6581, GPO Sydney 2001 Australia
Platform Technologies    |Physical : Lvl 2, 175 Liverpool St, Sydney 2000
 IN-Sub Unit - Sydney    | Phone: +61 2 9206 3470 Fax: +61 2 9281 1301