Re: Step by Step Instruction

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:

> Op Vrijdag 19 Juni 1998 om 10:11 schreef "Ing.Christian Pohanka" aan
> 'netboot@baghira.han.de':
>
>  ICP> Is the anyone wo know where I can get a simple Step by Step Instruction
>  ICP> for installing Diskless Workstation to use LINUX by remote.
>
> I'd be *very* interested in a such description.
> I followed (+/-) the Diskless-HOWTO but so far my systems boots up (tftps the
> kernel), mounts the root and then nothing happens. The system lives (ping,
> downing the nfs server gives reaction)) but doesn't start init.
> The libs are OK and the persmissions too AFAIK.
>
> Groeten,
>         Udo
>
> --- GoldED/2 3.00.Beta2+
> --

Did you actually copy the needed binaries from /sbin to
whatever_directory_for_dikless_machine/sbin on your server?
Same for some /etc stuff like inittab and most of /lib files ?

You need to copy them, not only to make soft links!

Hicham Mouline

Actually at the CS dept of Univ. of Toronto
Equiv. to 2nd year of Graduate Computer Science, INSA, Toulouse, France
4eme annee a l'INSA Toulouse, departement de Genie Informatique, France
Quarto Ano al INSA, departamiento de Informaticas, Tolosa, Francia

628 R1 - INSA - 31077 Toulouse - FRANCE