Re: Step by Step Instruction

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Ing.Christian Pohanka wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is the anyone wo know where I can get a simple Step by Step Instruction for installing Diskless Workstation to use LINUX by remote.
>
> I want to use my old 486er for Internetbrwosing only without any Hard-Disk and Disks.
>
> I studied all Linux books und man pages but had no success till now.
>
> thanks
>
> Christian Pohanka
> cpw@cso.net

You'll need an EPROM compatible with your Ethernet Card.
You'll also the netboot package for instance.

Take a look at Diskless, Remote-Boot, NFS-Root and NFS-Root-Client HOWTOs.
They're all in /usr/doc/HOWTO/mini if you got them installed. Otherwise,
you'll find them at http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/ or
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO

Hicham Mouline

Actually working at CS dept of University of Toronto
Equiv. to 2nd year of Graduate Computer Science, INSA, Toulouse, France
4eme annee a l'INSA Toulouse, departement de Genie Informatique, France
Quarto Ano en el INSA, departamiento de Informaticas, Tolosa, Francia

628 R1 - INSA - 31077 Toulouse - FRANCE