Re: Problems with etherboot and Boot prompt.

Andrew Coulthurst wrote:

> Has anyone had a problem with etherboot-4.0 and the boot from network
> prompt ??
>
> On my machine the machine hangs if I select N. ( that is , continue with
> normal boot from floppy/harddisk ).
>
> I have an Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100 ( new 82558 chip ).
>
> If someone says they have managed to get it to work - then I'll just have
> to try harder ;-).

I wrote the darn thing, but I can't get it to work recently.

> BTW I've found the utility to flash program an EtherExpress 10/100 if
> anyones interested ( and they have the flash chip installed ).

Interested!!!! Tell me what chip I'd need to buy as the flash chip.
I can flash the chip on the card? Neat!

			Roger.

--
Actor asks a collegue: "To what do you owe your success in acting?"
Answer: "Honesty. Once you've learned how to fake that, you've got it made."