Re: MS-DOS PXE boot problem on VIA Epia 5000

> I try to boot DOS 6.22 from network with PXE. I have an VIA EPIA 5000 mainboard with on-board network card with built in PXE. The image is downloaded to the client successfully, but when is starts to boot, I get a "non-system disk or disk error" error message and the PC hangs.
> I read over the archive and found some ideas, but no success with them...
> I changed the boot sector ( to altboot.bin), the result is better, I get a "Starting MS-DOS" message and the PC hangs...
> The PXE bootstap image is from rom-o-matic.
>
> If somebody has experience with this, please help me.

to boot a DOS floppy image with a PXE-capable card (not etherboot /
netboot):

- create an image of the floppy:
	dd if=/dev/fd0 of=floppy.img

- copy the image to your tftp-server directory (e.g. /tftpboot)

- copy pxelinux.0 and memdisk of the syslinux package (see
http://syslinux.zytor.com ) to your tftp-server directory

- create a sub-dir 'pxelinux.cfg'

- create the file 'pxelinux.cfg/default':
DEFAULT dos
TIMEOUT 0
LABEL dos
     KERNEL memdisk
     append initrd=floppy.img

- the DHCP server configuration should contain a line like this one:
  filename "/tftpboot/pxelinux.0";

Cheers
Alex

--
send fax $pam to +49190819141676 or 0190819141676 (1.86 Euro/min)