Re: Some comments and suggestions on eb-5.2.2

Gero Kuhlmann <gero@gkminix.han.de> wrote:

> Interesting thought. It should be pretty easy to implement into
> mknbi-linux. I will keep this in mind for one of the next netboot
> releases.

As it seems, this can be achieved using bootsplash. Basically, this tool
appends a JPG image to the initrd. A shell script wrapper to splash and
mknbi should do the job. I will give it a try as soon as possible, and post
a report. BTW does anyone know what image format .lss is? Seems pxelinux
can handle it as a splash, at least that's what PXES does.

Gero, guess what? These days, somebody contacted me to actually get copies
of the 1995 iX articles that we made. He's writing a book on the history of
Linux terminal servers technology. Hey, you will be mentioned in a book!
:-)

--
FORTUNE'S PARTY TIPS		#14

Tired of finding that other people are helping themselves to your good
liquor at BYOB parties?  Take along a candle, which you insert and
light after you've opened the bottle.  No one ever expects anything
drinkable to be in a bottle which has a candle stuck in its neck.