RE: Regarding netboot

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-netboot@baghira.han.de [mailto:owner-netboot@baghira.han.de]
On Behalf Of Gero Kuhlmann
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 1:21 AM
To: netboot@baghira.han.de
Subject: Re: Regarding netboot

Hello,

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 22:09:36 +0100, Venkata Prasad Chirreddy (cvprasad)
wrote:
> Whne netboot is used to produce a image.flo image, it is saying " dos
> program "name of the NDIS driver" requires too much memory.
> What may be the cause

It is because a DOS program (most likely the network driver, NDIS2,
packet driver, whatever) requires more than 64 kB of runtime memory.
The reason for this limit is that the bootrom only has very limited
memory space available in lower memory. What network driver are you
using? Have you tried the packet driver instead of the NDIS driver?

gero.

Hi,
1. I am using a Network driver called 3c90x2.exe which is a specific
driver for a 3com 3c905B-TX NIC.
I haven't tried with a Pkt driver. Will it make a difference?

2 Yesterday I got a different machine. I downloaded the floppy bootable
ROM image for the NIC(3c905B-TX) from Rom-o-matic website. Ant then when
I tried to boot from the floppy,
It displayed the MAC address of the resident NIC and then said "Valid
connection cannot be established" What could be the reason?

3 Can somebody explain to me with a sample about the setting I have to
make in the dhcpcp configuration if the network just consists of Redhat
7.01 machine and a diskless workstation... I mean the IP addresses I
have to assign for different machines?

Thank u
Venkataprasad
Systems Engineer
Wipro Technologies

--
Gero Kuhlmann             Tollenbrink 18      Groote Gracht 33
gero@gkminix.han.de       30659 Hannover      26723 Emden

To get help about this list, send a mail with 'help' as the only string
in
it's body to majordomo@baghira.han.de. If you have problems with this
list,