Re: Booting from hard disk

Hello,

sachin@liman.rutgers.edu (Sachin Ganu) wrote in
Pine.GSO.4.05.10207171142310.2059-100000@liman1:">news:Pine.GSO.4.05.10207171142310.2059-100000@liman1:
> I wanted to find out how to initiate netbooting from hard disk partition.
> The linux machine does not have a floppy or a CD drive..I read in the
> installation manual that using 'dd' one could get the image.flo onto a
> bootable hard disk partition.
>
> I wanted to find out how I could add an entry to lilo for this particular
> image.

After creating a disk partition, simply copy the image.flo file onto
that partition with dd. In order to get it started with LILO, just
use:

other=/dev/hda1
loader=/boot/chain.b
label=netboot

Please let me know if this works, because I've never tried it myself
using LILO, but only with the OS/2 boot manager.

gero.