Diskless booting on a VIA C3

A friend asked me to test a machine that has a VIA C3 1 Giga Pro processor
which is supposed to be compatible to the x86 family.

Anyway, I tried to boot it diskless using netboot and etherboot and it went
through the process until it ame to the following:

VFS: Mounted root (NFS filesystem).
Freeing unused kernel memory: 92k freed

And then it hanged there.  It seems like it has problem executing INIT.

The same configuration works fine with another machine running an Intel Celeron
procesor.

Thanks.

Napi