Kernel panic : attempted to kill init!

Hi Netboot!

I was told etherboot did not support Intel Eexpress16 NIC, so I used
netboot with packet driver to create bootrom. My dhcpd.conf was configured
to work with LTSP/etherboot, so the filename was vmlinuz-2.4.9-ltsp-5.

I inserted these to dhcpd.conf

option option-128 e4:45:74:68:0:0;
option option-129 "NIC=EXP16 IO=0x300";
host ws005 {
...filename  "/lts/vmlinuz-2.4.9-ltsp-5";
}

and the remote boot was fine, except sudden death with this message :
Running /linuxrc
Mounting /proc
Open of /proc/bus/pci/devices failed : No such file or directory

ERROR! Could not automatically detect the network care. PCI cards should be
detected automatically. ISA cards cannot be detected, so they require the
nic driver to be specified in a "NIC=" parameter to be passed on the kernel
command line, usually specified in option-129, in the /etc/dhcpd.conf file.
See LTSP docs for more info.

Kernel panic : Attempted to kill init!

What went wrong? What steps to correct the errors? Can someone helpful give
some good directions? Thank you.

rgds
Bill