Incomplete Network Configuration while mounting root from NFS

Hi All,
I am using a MIPS board as target. I built kernel image with NFS option
for mounting root file system from a NFS Server.
After initialising the TCP/IP the board is saying Incomplete network
configuration. I tried several options but in vain.
If i try UNCHECK IP-kernel level autoconfiguration option then i could not
get "Root File System on NFS" option in File Systems->Network File System.
I feel this is required when root file system has to be mounted over NFS.
Please anybody thro some light on this issue and tell me how to overcome
this.
I am copying some part of the Dump captured on minicom.

>IP Protocols: ICMP, UDP, TCP
>IP: routing cache hash table of 512 buckets, 4Kbytes
>TCP: Hash tables configured (established 2048 bind 2048)
>request_irq: irq=0 name=eth0 dev_id=810b4800
>request_irq: irq=0 name=eth1 dev_id=810fe000
>IP-Config: Incomplete network configuration information.

Please CC to me while replying as i am not subscribed to this list.

Thanks in Advance,
-- Rajesh