LinuxWorld Expo, SF, Etherboot Project preparations

Alright, it's that time again, time for us to prepare for LinuxWorld Expo
in beautiful San Francisco, CA, USA!!

This year (in a rare US appearance) featuring "LIVE AND IN PERSON" (and
all the way from Sydney Australia), our Fearless Leader,

   Ken Yap, himself!!!

(now you MUST attend! :-)

This is our second LinuxWorld Expo, and you can check out a report from
our first one at:

   http://www.thinguin.org/linuxworldny2001/

It's a great show, and it's a lot of fun to meet people, demonstrate
Etherboot and thin/diskless client technology. (and there are even other
vendor, booths, and talks to check out, I hear :-)

The LinuxWorld Expo site is at:

   http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/

and of course the Etherboot site is at:

   http://etherboot.sourceforge.net/

At the first show, we shared a booth with LTSP (http://www.ltsp.org/) .
At this show, both LTSP and Etherboot have their own booths!!   This is
great because we will be able to reach more people and demo more neat
stuff that can be done.

Now, because this is of course an all-volunteer effort, we are asking for
volunteers to help at the booth, and to visit us, and to bring us
refreshments so we don't lose our voices as fast from all the questions
and demos :-)

We have some free exhibits-only passes to LinuxWorld Expo, and if you
send me your postal address, I will mail you a pass to the exhibit hall
(a $25 value!! :-)

I've also reactivated the etherboot-tradeshow-talk list.  If you'd like
to subscribe, send a message to:

    requests@listbox.entity.com

with body

    subscribe etherboot-tradeshow-talk

and you'll be on the list.

This should be a fun show, and to give you some idea of how it goes, the
exhibit hall at LinuxWorld Expo (http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/) is open:

   Tue, Aug 28, 2001   10:00-18:00 (6pm)
   Wed, Aug 29, 2001   10:00-18:00 (6pm)
   Thu, Aug 30, 2001   10:00-16:00 (4pm)

The Etherboot Project booth is #269  and the LTSP (#367) is just around
the corner.  Too bad we don't have wireless PCMCIA Etherbooting working
yet :-)

So that's a beginning.  I'm sure there will be a lot to talk about in the
coming month before the show.

Even if you can't make it to the show, visit us vicariously on the web.
If possible we'll have a webcam going at the show again.  We're also
looking for any ideas for the booth.  We will likely have a server and
two demo thin clients, of course the 4x8 ft banner, and the webcam, and
(did I mention) KEN YAP, ALIVE AND IN PERSON? :-)

World Domination... and fast! :-)

Marty

---
    Try: http://rom-o-matic.net/ to make Etherboot images instantly.

   Name: Marty Connor
US Mail: Entity Cyber, Inc.; P.O. Box 391827; Cambridge, MA 02139; USA
  Voice: (617) 491-6935, Fax: (617) 491-7046
  Email: mdc@thinguin.org
    Web: http://www.thinguin.org/