More: cromutil hangs when flashing 3C905C-TXM

Heinrich Rebehn wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I have been using cromutil successfully fro quite some time with
> 3C905C-TX NICs.
> Today i tried to program a 3C905C-TXM and cromutil hangs. I am using
> cromutil from etherboot 4.7.22, older versions did not work either.
>
> Any ideas?

Maybe i should provide some more info:

The card has an ATMEL AT 49BV512 flash rom.
I was able to read the original contents with cromutil (at least the
resulting file contains the text strings shown at power up).
I was also able to erase the flash rom - reading it again showed all
zeroes.
When programming, cromutil loops forever verifying the rom contents,
which is always zero (while (inb(ioaddr+0x8) != b);).
Manufacturer and device id is shown as zero, BIOS reports 10B7 9200.

Any more info required?

Heinrich Rebehn
                        "Have disk - will travel"
University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

E-mail: mailto:rebehn@comm.uni-bremen.de
Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341