Trouble (read error) with floppy

Greetings,

I am trying to get netboot (0.8.1?) running on my soon to be diskless
clients.  For now, I am trying to get it up and running using a floppy.  I
recompiled the bootrom using the packet drivers from my driver disk (the
NIC is an SiS900).  I dd'ed the image.flo file onto the floppy and tried
booting from it.  My bios tells me it finds a valid boot record, but then
complains of a read error.  I wrote another floppy (assuming it was the
media), after checking that the first 29172 bytes of the floppy were
exactly the same as image.flo, I tried again.  I got the same message this
time.

Any one ever see this?

Thanks,
Tad

PS - Here are the messages I get from the bios/netboot disk

Searching for Boot Record from Floppy..OK
Netboot disk loader
Read error
Press a key to continue...