re:help w a packard bell

Heinrich,
      I need some direction or help in regard to a Packard Bell computer.
I'm getting this computer after she tried repairing it, and she  thinks she
downloaded a corrupt file. I'm not really sure of the whole story.  BTW on
the front label it says "Designed for Windows 95," and somebody tried to
install Windows 98. But here are the symptoms and relevant information.

Packard Bell          Multimedia E159
150 Meg   Intel Pentium Processor
2.0 GB Hard Disk
24 MB  EDO Ram
(what does EDO stand for?)
33,600 bps modem

After Windows 98 loads, the screen gives you the following information.

The following file is missing or corrupted: C:\Windows\HIMEM.SYS.
There is an error in your Config. Sys file on line 1
Microsoft (R) Mouse Driver Version 8.20
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. 1983-1992.  All rights reserved.
Mouse Driver installed
Power IDE! ATAPI/IDE CD-ROM Driver Ver 2.14**LG Electronics INC. **
Copyright (C) 1994-95 Future Domain Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
The following file is missing or corrupted:C:\Windows\HIMEM.SYS
The following file is missing or corrupted:C:\Windows\DBLBUFF.SYS
The following file is missing or corrupted:C:\Windows\IFSHLP.SYS
Warning: the high memory area (HMA) is not available.
Additional low memory (below 640 K) will be used instead
Cannot find Win.Com, unable to continue loading Windows.
C:\ >

End of Screen.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or comments you have. Also, do you
recommend any repair books on fixing PCs? BTW, Do you have a list of
acronyms, or place where I can find a list?

Thanks for your time and help,
Steve