Re: Award BIOS flash problem

Christoph Plattner schrieb:

> AFAIK the BIOS has to play this feature checking for this or that
> bios extension. I also had a BIOS which "was not interested" in
> searching an extension.
>
> Contacting Award, I got the information, that the BIOS must have
> activated the feature to handle bios extensions. This only can
> be done at the board manufactor, configuration the BIOS.
>
> Cheers
>         Christoph P.

This seems only to be the half information.
On my informations from award   cbrom  Version 2.x gives a message, dont't  know  in what way because  I never
see this, if   this option is compiled in the BIOS and you put code to the bios :)

The  newer etherboot documentation  hold a lot  about cbrom problems and usage.

In most cases you have to enable the bootrom  option in the chip with a dos tool even if there is no bootrom
and the code is in the BIOS and then most AWARD  bios will do the the thing.
The same seems to be done if you enable network boot option  in some bios.

Please also note the different cbrom versions vor AWARD 4.5x and 6.x bios versions. Only cbrom Version 2.x
will handle both

Bye Wolfgang rapp