intel CA810E mobo doesn't see Etherboot Option ROM

Has anyone successfully gotten an Intel CA810E (micro-ATX) motherboard to
boot from a ROM on a PCI card?

I took a PCI ethernet card with an Etherboot ROM on it which works fine
on an Intel SE440BX2 motherboard, and put it in the CA810E motherboard.
It failed to find the ROM.

Now the CA810E is a pretty new motherboard, so it is quite conceivable
that there is a bug in the latest BIOS (I upgraded it to the latest (Nov
8) version).

I tried making OPTION ROM the first boot device, but no luck. Note that
the machine Etherboots just fine from a floppy, so I'm pretty sure this
new Intel BIOS wants or needs something that it is not finding.  Since it
works on an older motherboard, I am wondering if the bus speed is too
great or something.

My next move is to get a 3Com 3c905C-TXM card with their Flash Option ROM
on it, and see if that is recognized.  At least I'll know it is possible.

Anybody know what might be going on?

Thanks,

Marty

---
    Try: http://rom-o-matic.net/ to make Etherboot images instantly.

   Name: Martin D. Connor
US Mail: Entity Cyber, Inc.; P.O. Box 391827; Cambridge, MA 02139; USA
  Voice: (617) 491-6935, Fax: (617) 491-7046
  Email: mdc@thinguin.org
    Web: http://www.thinguin.org/