Re: I need your help ..Please (Diskless Nodes)

Kapur,

I have my setup for FreeBSD which might help you.

Boot Server Setup

To setup the FreeBSD as a boot server the following step must be done:
1) create the /etc/booptab file; following is an example of the bootptab
file
 .default:\
                :hd=/:\
                :sm=255.255.255.0:\
                :hn:ht=ether:\
                :rp="135.18.130.77:/":\
                :td=/:

clientname:bf=kernel.diskless:ha=00c04f181ca3:ip=135.18.130.184:tc=.default:
2) enable the following two lines in /etc/inetd.conf:
 tftp    dgram   udp     wait    nobody  /usr/libexec/tftpd      tftpd
/tftpboot
 bootps  dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/libexec/bootpd     bootpd
-d4
3) find the PID of the bootp and the tftp daemons and do the following
command to both daemons to inform them the config file update
 kill -HUP pid

David Ouyang