3C515 NDIS driver w/netboot

Hi,

trying to use the 3com supplied NDIS driver for the 3c515 to make a netboot
ROM image. First off, I don't understand from the docs how the protocol.ini
is used. Is doesn't seem to me that anything from the actual driver image
(EL515.DOS) is contained in the created ROM image, due to the image size:

-rwxr-----   1 hm       users       38700 Jul  5  1996 EL515.DOS*
-rw-r-----   1 hm       users        2339 Mar 15  1996 PROTOCOL.INI
-rw-r--r--   1 hm       users       11917 Dec  7 15:03 image.flo
-rw-r--r--   1 hm       users       16384 Dec  7 15:03 image.rom
-rw-r-----   1 hm       users          29 Dec  7 14:37 protocol.ini

(I used the stripped protocol.ini here, all comments removed). The gzipped
driver image itself is ~ 13K so it can't possibly fit in the 11.5K floppy
image.

When booting, I get an error "Base mem error".

What gives?

While we're at it - does the 3c515 card actually physically support 32K
EPROM types, or just 16K?

TIA!

--
The revolution will not be televised.