Netboot/mknbi-dos problems

Hi,

    I am trying to get the a system to netboot IBM-DOS 7 or MS-DOS 6.22
using a NE2000 compatable card. I do *not* have a BootP ROM on the card.
Instead I am using the InCom BootP ROM demo disk to emulate a ROM. My BootP
server is a Linux box (I can detail the configuration if that would help).
    I have no problems making an image of my system disk and "mknbi-dos"
appears to work making the tagged image. I have verified my image by doing a

    dd if=floppy.img of=/dev/fd0

to a blank disk and then booting the disk. I have also used disnbi on the
tagged image and it seems happy with the tagged image file.
    When I start up the BootP ROM emulation program it whips through the
BootP/DHCP and starts up the TFTP process. It displays the data being loaded
and then says "Invoking Primary Bootstrap Loader" and then it hangs. It
never gets to the lines...

    DOS Net Boot Image Loader version 0.8.1 (mknbi-dos)
    GPLed by G. Kuhlmann

     I have watched the TCP transactions using tcpdump and everything looks
right (although I am a rank novice when it comes to this stuff). Any
thoughts about where I should look to resolve this problem? Thanks a ton!

Reid