Re: Etherboot - mknbi-dos

Hi Paul,

I had the same problem that you reported, so now I do it a little differently,
starting with a complete image of a working MS-DOS 6.22 bootable floppy:

dd if=/dev/fd0 of=floppy.img

You can then loop-back mount this image:

mount floppy.img floppy -t msdos -o loop

and then add/delete/edit files in the floppy directory heirarchy.

Then unmount the floppy image (umount floppy) and use the following mknbi-dos:

/usr/local/bin/mknbi-dos -r floppy.img -o dos.nb

This has worked reliably for me on many occasions.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.