Re: functioning, but modules error and nfs error.

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> We've got a neat little cluster, each of the 10 nodes booting w/ Ether-boot
> 4.5.7. The cluster is working pretty well, but have two lagging problems we'd
> like to solve. We would appreciate your help. The nodes are each 500Mhz
> Celerons (256M) w/ either eepro100 or smc1211 cards.
>
> -1- Upon start-up on every node we always get an error saying "can't open
> /lib/modules/2.2.13-0.113/modules.dep"     [Failed]
>
> I've troubleshoot that error msg, and won't bore you with the details, but just
> say I can't get that Failure to go away. Anyone know how I can make the modules
> start-up happy.

I presume you use a ramdisk image with the lib/modules directory
on it.
Does the startup script run 'depmod -a' or anything else that sets the
dependencies? or is the modules.dep file pre-made ?

> -2- Occasionally, we get the following in the logs and sluggish behavior when
> it happens:
>
> nfs: server 192.168.100.10 not responding, still trying
> nfs: task 5642 can't get a request slot
> --> then after about 10 - 20 seconds:
> nfs: server 192.168.100.10 OK

Maybe you can loosen the timeout-values, so that no major timeouts occur.
check the manfile, there's a lot of options.