Re: Netboot Mailing List Administrativa

From: Jens-Uwe Mager <jum@anubis.han.de>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 23:31:25 +0200

> This might be true, but we had (and still have) problems with spammers
> trying to misuse mailing lists as reflectors. The policy that only
> subscribed users can post is just an extra measure to attempt to stop
> spammers.

  Thanks for your reply. But I don't think that is a good reason. I
agree that SPAMs are irritating, but most free software projects have
decided that we should prefer convenience for the users to preventing
SPAMs. That resembles bug reports. A good bug report contains some
unnecessary information as well as all necessary information, but we
never say, "Don't include such useless things!", since it is very easy
to ignore meaningless chunks, while it is very important to obtain
enough information. So, if you think external contributors are also
important, please reconsider the policy. I think it is so valuable to
listen to the users.

Regards,
Okuji