Re: SMC etherpower II: Something wrong with transmitter

I don't know about the chipset, but I had some troubles with autosensing and the etherpower II (using netboot at least).  I had to hard set the card to either 10 Mbit or 100 Mbit operation to get it to work.

Crispin

Dirk Wirsbitzki wrote:

Hi,

Perhaps someone can helps us with the following problem:

We want to use etherboot 4.6.2 with a SMC Etherpower II
(epic100) card.

Booting (both rom or floppy) gives the errormessage:
"Oops, something wrong with transmitter. status=2003"

The card uses the 83c171 instead of the 83c170 for which the
driver was written. Is this a compatibility issue?

Thanks in advance,
Dirk Wirsbitzki

The greatest trick the devil ever played was to convince the world he didn't
exist... -- Kaiser Soze