Re: force netbooting even with new bios ??

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 07:22:12PM +0200, Christoph Neerfeld wrote:
> We have some newer systems now that have the "feature" to disable netbooting
> from the bios setup. Since we considere the bios setting as insecure we'd like
> to force the system to use boot prom even if bios settings disable netbooting.
>
> Does anyone have an idea how to do this ?

I'm not the one that usually integrates the bootrom into the bios but
here's what I remember.  If you add the bootrom as a "PCI Rom", then
the bios setting will be able to disable it.  If you add it as an "ISA
Rom", there is no way to disable it (or boot a floppy again, be
careful).  We're using Award bios.

-Matt