Re: need help creating NIC database

Hi!

> It seems lots of questions here are about if a particular NIC works, maybe
> also if a particular BIOS can be modified, and any special advice. The
> Sourceforge area has facilities for supporting CGI scripts connecting
> to databases.  If someone who can write PHP and DB scripts is willing
> to volunteer, we can set up a "supported hardware" database there.

I think the database should have the following structure:
NICname VARCHAR(40)
works BOOLEAN
date DATE
comment TEXT,
who_sent VARCHAR(50)
(email? VARCHAR(70))
(what else? FCC code?)

> See the job description I posted at this URL:
> http://sourceforge.net/people/viewjob.php?group_id=4233&job_id=191

I don't know whether sourceforge has MySQL and PHP (compiled with
MySQL support) available. If it does I can write some PHP-scripts:
* list of NICs (e.g. 50 NICs per page)
* search NIC
* add report (yes/no)
* edit/delete report (admin only?)
* comments?

I can't do pretty design for it
and I don't know how to order comments.
as tree? or as simple guestbook sorted by time?

Best regards,
 Vsevolod Sipakoff           mailto:versus@megalink.ru
ICQ# 32363434

Компания МегаЛинк