Re: Linux bootpd with support for Vendor-Extensions ?

> Hi,
>
> i try to use etherboot with Vendor Extensions ( RFC 1533 ) under Linux.
>
> It looks like my bootpd (version 2.4.3 from a 6.0 RedHat) don't support
> it .
> Is a Linux version with support viable ? Or only under BSD.

I tried the same thing with dhcpd. With the daemon the definition of user
options seemed to work fine. I set them up according to dhcp-options man
page. But I was not able to request this values with dhclient. Both tools
by ISC, version 3 patch level 13.
So I misuse some predefined options to transfer the data I need for
special configuration.

So long,
	   Dirk