Re: Re: Boot from floppy if present , final

ken@nlc.net.au wrote:

>Quoting ACS <as@bart.nl>:
>> Without any feedback on my previous request I did some coding myself
>>
>> Quick and dirty: just added some lines of code , no compile/makefile
>> options.

>Thanks, I'll work that into 4.5.6 as a TRY_FLOPPY_FIRST config option.

I just compiled 4.5.6 using that option and noticed a huge ROM size
increase.

I only used 2 ASM routines (disk_init and disk_read), but using the -DFLOPPY
option generates lots of extra code.
Won't fit in a 16k 3c509 uncompressed.
Is all the extra stuff needed ?

as@bart.nl