RE: ASUS NLX boards SUCCESS flashing bios

On 28-Feb-00 Rapp Informatik Systeme GmbH wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> now I was successful   flashing  etherboot code to the  Asus MES-N
> board.
>
> What must to be done:
> 1.  Get the newest bios  Ver. 1005  for the board.  This  bios contains
> a lan boot
>      function in the PCI setup witch could be enable and disabled.
> 2.   Remove the contained bios lan code with  cbrom  **1005** /oem0
> release
> 3.   Insert the etherboot code to the bios with  cbrom  **1005** /oem0
> eepro100.rom
>
> 4.   Enable the lan bios feature  in the PCI Configuration in the bios.
>
> Now letherboot an booting can be switch off and on with the bios.
>
> There is also a OEM lan code the the new bios versions of the P2B-N
> Asus boards.
> Don't have such a board at the moment but I am intrested to know if the
> above
> procedure will work on this boards also. Please report.
I have such a board but i have only cbrom6.exe or older. Switchs /oem0 and
/pci doesn't work. The new oem bios is appended correctly but it seems that
doesn't map into memory: romscan can't find this new rom in memory.
What's wrong and where is a new version of cbrom utility?

Greetings

Lars