some bug in netboot with vga=ask

Hi !

  I have the next problem.

  the small problem is to append argument vga=ask to kernel from
mknbi-linux, because the mknbi do not work as no case sensitive.
I have to put option vga=ASK. Problem is in first.S in cmps instruction.
  this option can be set directly in kernel image by vidmode -3.
OK.

  And now the problem.
  At first I did add to init/main.c in kernel source line
  printk( "cmdline=%s\n", line ) at the begin in function for cmdline
parsing to see kernel cmdline.

  now when I boot my image by tftp, kernel ask for video mode selection.
I press space to do not select other video mode, kernel boot and print
command line, everything OK.
  But when I did press enter, kernel show list of available modes and I
can't select any, because kernel ignore it without any error messages.
Because I am not able change video mode, continue without selection.
Kernel boot and print kernel command line - some binary data.

  I do not know, if problem is exactly in mknbi or in
arch/i386/boot/video.S, but if I boot the same kernel directly from
floppy, or with syslinux from floppy, or with lilo, then option vga=ask
work fine and is not removed from cmdline.

  I did test it on three differend computers - 486 and pentium with
differend eth. cards. Result everytime the same

Here is my cmdline to create image:

mknbi-linux -x -k bzImage -o initrc.img -d /dev/ram0 -a "vga=ASK ramdisk_size=5000"
-l eom -r root.bin

without options -l eom do not work on any of my pc when I need use
ramdisk.

kernel 2.2.14 (2.0.37 has the same problem, but after second
unsuccesfull selection of video mode kernel froze)

  thanks for help

    poli