Re: 3c905c support needed for etherboot

Hi Jim!

> The kernels that work with Etherboot/Netboot are tagged with
> additional information that is required for those boot loaders.
Yes, i see...
you´re meaning "IP: kernel level autoconfiguration"
bootp/rarp in case of a 2.2x kernel?
I konw, other things must also be configured; nfsroot, static
network driver...

> You probably need to create your own kernel and NOT tag it
> with the mknbi-linux program.
does mknbi-linux set some parameters which also could be set in
the bootptab (transmitted by bootpd).
Can you explain me when i´ve to use mknbi-linux?

> Keep in mind that LTSP doesn't really care how you get the kernel
> loaded.  It will work equally well with Netboot/Etherboot/PXE and
> probably
> any other network boot loader.
Thats absolute clearly - lpst first comes up until the nfs-root
will be mounted...

By the way - get the 3c905c-tx-m booting the kernel. I´ve done it like
all the people told to me. I´ve flashed the rom with 3c90x.lzrom...
Thanx all!

Liebe Gruesse,
Stephan Lauffer

[ Paedagogische Hochschule Freiburg - Systemtechnik - Germany    ]
[ Abteilung ZIK: <a href="http://www.ph-freiburg.de/zik">WWW</a> ]
[ Tel.: 0761 - 682 447                    Mobil: 0172 - 7145 197 ]