Re: 3c905c support needed for etherboot

Hi Steve,

thanx for your fast reply!

> Not sure what you need in terms of "etherboot project / tftp and so on",
I´ve the problem, that the a linux kernel submitted over tftp will not
boot. So i asked on the mailinglist of lstp - someone there gives me a hint,
it could be a problem with the boot code of this card. It may not work with
etherboot. I should try to flash the boot code of the card... now i´m
reading several mails i found on a mail archiv to this mailinglist
netboot@baghira.han.de...
> Stephan. There is code (commercially) available from Bootix that support the
> 3c905c, in addition to ours. However, our code on the MBA ROM should be
> sufficient,  - we have successfully booted in to at least 5 differernt Linux
> kernals, including SuSE, with what we ship on the MBA.
Do you think i´ve to update the MBA from 4.00 to 4.11?
Or what can it mean if there nothing happens after the kernel is submitted
from the server to the client?
I´ve sent you the output of the screen of the client before...
[sorry for my english - it´s not the best. :-/ ]

Liebe Gruesse,
Stephan Lauffer

[ Paedagogische Hochschule Freiburg - Systemtechnik - Germany    ]
[ Abteilung ZIK: <a href="http://www.ph-freiburg.de/zik">WWW</a> ]
[ Tel.: 0761 - 682 447                    Mobil: 0172 - 7145 197 ]