Re: Can 3c905b use EPROM ???

>Thanks for this information!! i try all the ROMS i have last night,
>and finaly got one work... "intel 28F001-BXT".
>but 27C512 and Atmel 29C020 won't work :(
>so i think those older, shorter EPROMS like 27C512 won't work anymore
>at 3c905B :(

That's not surprising, the pinout of the 28 pin EPROMs is different from
the 32 pin Flash ROMs. In particular, I think Vcc is at the pin 28 corner
and of course you won't get Vcc on pin 30 in a 32 pin socket.  On the
other hand the pinouts of the 32 pin EPROMs are similar. Be aware there
are two pinout families for 32 pin EPROMs, the 010 or the 001 series,
depending on which pins they allocated the new address lines to.

That's useful to know.  I suppose if you don't try to "flash" the EPROM
you won't damage it.