Re: Multiple Clients

Rudhuwan Abu Bakar wrote:

> Is there a plan to run apps locally?Or is it more appropriate to run apps
> at the server?Just curious

Yes, We definately want to add local app capability to LTSP.  The server
app method was easy, X along with XDM helps alot there.  Now, we are
moving
along to the local app method, and we have to deal with NIS, more NFS
mounts,
swap, and a few other things.  It's not all that hard, and it's been
done
many times before.  We just need to pull all the pieces together into a
package that is easy to install and administrate.

Most of the people on this list have either implemented local apps, or
could
if they felt like it.  We are trying to move this to the next level of
user
who just wants to install an rpm, or choose this as one of the packages
install while loading their favorite distro.

Thanks,
Jim McQuillan
jam@ltsp.org