Arg...

> After determining that it was unlikely that one could flash the chip in
> user mode under linux like the 3C509C,  I turned to other options.  (the
> reason is that the flash is memory mapped to a place that causes a core
> dump if accessed.  i suppose one could to patch the kernel to flash the
> card, or add a linux device driver, but... :-)

ok, so where is this area.. cuz that would explain why I couldn't get info
from my Arcnet card when testing it out under linux..

Thanks,
Jason A. Kendall
-
coolacid@home.com
coolacid@sympartico.ca
cool_acid@hotmail.com
jason@jakendal.dhs.org
jakendal@learn.senecac.on.ca
-
www.jakendal.dhs.org
-
ICQ: 1108989
----
Sympatico Users Group:
www.sympaticousers.org
----
The Toronto Lanparty
www.tor-lan.dhs.org
----
AMU - Advanced Maine Units
www.amunits.dhs.org
Due to the instability of Sympatico services, all email replies are sent to
alternate email accounts. I personally apologize to all correspondents if my
replies are delayed due to Sympatico's inability to provide a reliable
service. I, like many other past and present Sympatico HSE users, look
forward to using an alternative to Sympatico's dismal package for High Speed
access as soon as one becomes available to me.