Re: 3c90x drivers

> On 1/20/2000 12:09 PM markus@gutschke.com Markus Gutschke wrote:
> >For PnP cards, etherboot would have to run full PnP discovery and
> >configuration. This is not incredibly difficult, but it is inherently
> >less reliable than accessing non-PnP cards.
>
> I'm getting confused. For the 3C90x series we're talking about PCI cards,
> which as I understand it are all "PnP".  Could this be some PCI 2.x
> compatibility switch setting or something?  If this were ISA cards I'd

Oh. I thought we were talking ISA/PnP here. For ISA/PnP you need to
do all kinds of black magic to discover and allocate resources. This
should not be neccessary for PCI cards, because its the BIOS's job
to do this for you.

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                                Resonate, Inc.
3637 Fillmore Street #106                      385 Moffett Park Drive