Re: ramdisk + X

Uh, it may be no relation, and everything I say may be bogus, but while
trying to do something similar I discovered that the default 4mb ramdisk
under current 2.2.x kernels won't handle ramdisk images > 4mb , duh... I
was getting fs errors on mount, then failure, due to the fact that my init
was in the latter half of the fsimage.

BTW, what is the smallest filesystem anyone's ever managed to fit a X
server onto? I need to be able to turn a PC lab into a bunch of X
terminals for one of our programming classes. This class, incidentally,
was taught in Windows/Builder last semester... =)

|"S. Arun" <arun@ee.iitm.ernet.in>