Re: Arcnet Booting

>I hope I'm not out of date here, but has anyone had any luck with using
>an Arcnet card for remote booting.. I had gotten it to work with 8.1 but
>with wrong NIC addressing so the ARPA didn't work right. On the other
>hand 9.0 doesn't seem to support it anymore.
>
>BTW: Sorry if this has been asked.. kinda getting desperate now.. :)

Unfortunately Arcnet is a different kettle of fish from Ethernet. In
principle the ARP and BOOTP protocols have provision for different media
types.  In practice you may have to fiddle a bit with the infrastrucure
to see if it works and maybe fix some things. Is there a reason you are
attached to Arcnet? Do you have to use an Arcnet LAN? If not, it may be
worth switching to Ethernet as NICs and hubs are so cheap now.