Re: -DEMERGENCYDISKBOOT does not work

>Hi,
>
>for some reason, -DEMERGENCYDISKBOOT does not work in my setup.
>I use etherboot 4.2.13.
>When i unplug the network cable, etherboot eventually displays
>"Transmission timeout" but does not boot from disk.
>I think the purpose of -DEMERGENCYDISKBOOT is to have the pc bootable if
>the network is down or am i wrong?

It will work but only retries have been exhausted. Since the retry
intervals are exponentially increasing as recommended by RFC ?, it will
take a long time to give up. Try making MAX_BOOTP_RETRIES less. I should
probably mention this in the doc. I think the EMERGENCYDISKBOOT code
was put in first, then the exponentially increasing retry intervals and
nobody made the connection.