Re: 3C90B 3C90C 8k MII Bug

Steve, thanks for your message!

I always wondered what was going on with that so called "8K MII Bug".
I guess the question I still have is, how can I identify a card that
doesn't have the undesirable behavior?  From what you say, the "later
rev" 3C905Cs don't have it. Is the PCI signature different for these
cards? Is there any way programmatically I can determine whether I have a
3C905C that doesn't require the Etherboot workaround?

I ask because as we edit the 3C905.txt file to help new users of
Etherboot, it might be useful to say that "if you have a Rev X 3C905C or
later, you don't need to do the floppy disk magic described below"

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Marty

---
   Name: Martin D. Connor
US Mail: Entity Cyber, Inc.; P.O. Box 391827; Cambridge, MA 02139; USA
  Voice: (617) 491-6935, Fax: (617) 491-7046
  Email: mdc@thinguin.org
    Web: http://www.thinguin.org/