Re: Linux and 3Com905B-TX-M

The 3C905C is not a managed version of the 905B, but supercedes the 3C905B. The
905B also had a managed version (-TX-M). The 905B can still be had in the
"non-managed" version, as well in a combo form factor, and fiber-optic.

If you have a 3C90x NIC (900, 900B, 905, 905-T4, 905B,  905C, 980, etc.) NIC and
a ROM, you can extract version numbers and vendor and PCI IDs. Do this by
activating (enable) the ROM and press and hold both Shift keys  at boot time,
usually before the memory test.

Here is more info from the 3Com web site on what is available....

EtherLink 10/100 Mbps PCI NIC for complete PC management
10/100BA E-TX, RJ-45 3C905C-TX-M
25-pack 3C905C-TX-M-25PK
100-pack 3C905C-TX-M-100PK

EtherLink 10/100 Mbps NIC
10/100BA E-TX, RJ-45 3C905B-TX-NM
25-pack 3C905B-TX-NM-25PK
100-pack 3C905B-TX-NM-100PK

EtherLink 10/100 Mbps PCI Combo NIC
10/100BA E-TX,RJ-45, AUI,BNC  3C905B-COMBO
5-pack 3C905B-COMBO-5PK
25-pack 3C905B-COMBO-25PK
100-pack 3C905B-COMBO-100PK

EtherLink 100 Mbps PCI NIC