Re: newbee question

On 12/27/1999 1:04 AM ken@nlc.net.au Ken Yap wrote:
>No. Tagged images are Netboot/Etherboot specific.

This brings a question to mind.  What is going on with Nilo?  I believe
Nilo is also using tagged images.  They may use their own tagged-image
format that is different from what mknbi creates and what Etherboot uses.
I'm not sure.

I checked out the Nilo home page (http://www.nilo.org), but have not
quite figured out what to make of it.  It seems PXE compatibility is a
goal;  It also seems that there are several competing schemes for network
booting right now.

Can anyone shed some light on the current state of network booting
initiatives, and how Etherboot, Nilo, PXE, GRUB, etc. fit in.  I'm
interested mostly in sharable, open-source solutions, but any information
on the topic would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marty

---
   Name: Martin D. Connor
US Mail: Entity Cyber, Inc.; P.O. Box 391827; Cambridge, MA 02139; USA
  Voice: (617) 491-6935, Fax: (617) 491-7046
  Email: mdc@thinguin.org
    Web: http://www.thinguin.org/