Re: PS/2 mice causing RTL8139+Asus mes/n+etherboot 4.2 to not boot

>> the BIOS uses at the top of 640KB. I suggested rebuilding rtl8139.{lz,}rom
>> with all extra features removed. No reply on whether that worked.
>
>Yes thats me :-)) I dont understand what you mean with the footprint :-(,
>the code we use is of 16kB size...

The footprint is the sum of the text+data+bss segments and can be
discovered by "size rtl8139.tmp" after the image has been built. It has
to fit inside the space 0x98000-0x9ffff, hence the 32kB limit. Actually
a bit less because one has to leave room for the stack to grow.