Re: ram disk trouble (solution)

On 12/20/1999 8:29 AM jyllyj@163.net jyllyj wrote:
>    mknbi-linux -x -i rom -d /dev/ram1 -r rootImage.gz -k bzImage -o
>/tftpdir/bootImage
>but i don't know how to change "rw" option to "ro" that is mknbi-linux
>default.
>must to hack the source code ?

I think you might have to modify the code, not too much.

In mknbi.h:

at about line #118

  #define DFLT_CMDL       "auto rw"               /* Default command line
*/

You could change that to "auto ro", recompile mknbi and it would probably
do what you want.  Are you sure you don't need rw access to your ram
disk?  I guess I'm wondering about /tmp and things like that.

A more general solution might be to modify mknbi.c such that it was
possible to specify a switch that made the default command line start
with "auto ro", but there may be other implications.  It's probably best
to check with the author before putting in that effort.

Anyway, hope this helps you.

Marty

---
   Name: Martin D. Connor
US Mail: Entity Cyber, Inc.; P.O. Box 391827; Cambridge, MA 02139; USA
  Voice: (617) 491-6935, Fax: (617) 491-7046
  Email: mdc@thinguin.org
    Web: http://www.thinguin.org/