Flash support for commercial flash disks?

Hi,

I haven't found any information concerning commercial flash disks in the
mailing list archive. I intend to build a small embedded system (MP3
player, that is :-) which boots off my server and has everything remote
(except that I may add a CD drive and a harddisk for local storage but the
OS are not local - different story).

Available boards support something like DOC-2000 (Disk on CHip) or IDE
flash disks. Has anyone seen netboot support for any of these? Problem is,
most NE2k clones support only 8k ROMs (we had that problem before, Gero,
remember?).

Why such a specialized embedded board? Well - small footprint, no fan
required, small power supply etc. :-) The prototype is running...

THX.

Ciao,
hm

--
If you want to know what god thinks of money, just look at the people
he gave it to.