Re: How to boot FreeBSD from DOS through a 3c905c ?

Ken Yap wrote:

> to the Config. As for the 905C, non-support is what's claimed by the
> author of the driver. I would like to see somebody give it a try with
> the existing driver.  I don't know if the difference is minor and just
> involves a new PCI device ID and maybe some small mods to the code or
> is a major chip revision.

I don't have documentation on the 3c905c, and last I checked I don't think
Steve (the guy who added 3c905 non-B support) did either.

It is entirely possible that the 3c905c has a structure that is backwards-
compatible with the 905 or 905b cards.  I don't have any 3c905c cards
nor the documentation so I can't say for sure, but it would be interesting
to see some empirical testing by those who do have 905c cards.

Greg.